Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM

Thanks, because from AQs WOW comment I thought she was talking about some wild colors and not those 3D looking sheets.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 AM
stampin stacy

some of the pattern names did evoke 70's flashbacks, lol
Old 08-03-2013, 02:59 AM

I was shopping at WalMart tonight. In the back to school section I found rolls of Washi tape for 99 cents. There are a lot of pretty patterns. I bought two.

I might buy some more but you know those annoying people who stand in the aisle blocking it while they look at something? They won't let you through at all. You just want to get your things and go. That was me tonight! I was oohing and aahing over Washi tape while the poor parents had to walk around me just to grab crayons. Honestly, I am ashamed at myself. I felt really bad. It's tax free weekend in my area too so I am sure that made me extra popular with all the shoppers I blocked. Jeez! I am better behaved than that.

If any of you love Duct Tape. Me, Me, Me! WalMart also has mini rolls of Duct tape too that would be cute added along with Washi tape.

I also saw the Scotch Washi tape on sale at Target last week. They have some cute patterns but it was not my style. I do agree with the girls in the Kawaii sites I haunt it was expensive for Washi tape. If you love to collect the tapes it's worth looking into. I thought it would be pretty for Project Life.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 AM
stampin stacy

Lylacfey,Sooo you are saying you are one of those women that I visualize running over with my cart last nite, for shame!

Do any of you get the Stampington emails, they have a "pack" of them that are postal themed? Pretty cute for those who have gotten into washi tape or maybe even for the "serious" collector like ummm... - LYLACFEY.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:36 AM

I try hard to buy what I think I will use. Collecting led me to huge stashes. I am wondering if the Scotch brand patterned tape has the same properties as Washi. Is it permanent tape or the removeable type?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Been real & been fun

The only thing I ever collected were shot glasses. Since that time, I try to only 'collect' that which I will use otherwise I find that I don't want to go into my craft room.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:10 PM

I am just home from the M store and a lot of Washi (by Recollections) was on clearance. I bought one for $1.49.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM

Beautiful Card! Love the look and the washi tape.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM
stampin stacy

I altered a mini book last week and used washi tape to cover the seams between the cs I used on the front and back and the cs I used to cover the binding. Super way to cover the seams and get the various patterns to "blend" visually. You can see it in my gallery.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM

I saw where you used it. I agree it makes for a nice transition between the papers. I saw a lot of Halloween Washi in Michaels just yesterday and a lot of other designs too.