Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Lylacfey, so sorry to hear of the tragedies that have happened in your life recently. I wish there was something I could say to take away the pain. Grief can be paralysing for awhile. Take care of you.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM

Thank you everyone for the sweet kind words. Stacy you hit it with the shell shock analogy. That's what my husband and I feel like is shell shocked. My friends were so happy when we got our new home. It was a place where my husband & I could finally grieve and have the quiet my friends think we deserve so much. I don't want to grieve any more. I know in my heart my friend knows how much he was loved by his friends and that he's still with us smiling his beautiful smile seeing how much we loved him.

Roberta you made me laugh with your definition of RPG. Thank you! You might be thinking WMD? RPG is Role Playing Games. Dungeon's & Dragon's is the most popular RPG. My friends & DH do not play it. They play a lot of Marvel, James Bond, GURPS, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Vampire. Two of my friends write RPG systems for a living. New systems are always being developed with my gaming friends and husband.

Who does not play RPG? Me! I get dragged along because my friends like to hear my ideas. I design the scenes. I help make up new campaigns. I just don't like the gaming aspect of it. My friends and my husband love the Open World video games and combine those with their RPG gaming. I am not big into Open World either, lol.

I am a huge gamer though. Everyone says I am the biggest gamer in our group. I can be running five or six games at a time. Right now I am playing Ravenhearst, Lollipop Chainsaw, Fashion Story. I also have all my puzzle books. I played a demo of Dante's Inferno tonight. I want to start that game. I am picking it up next week. I played a Demo of Giani Sister's. I am starting that one tomorrow as a full game. I do craft while I game. I did pick up a contract to help with graphic design of a new game for the new Xbox 720 but the developer held off until they can further test the system. I am relieved since I have so many changes going on. It's a macabre game so I really need to be in a zone when designing.

I did play with paper today. I got a beautiful Hero Art's bamboo stamp for thirty-five cents today.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 AM
stampin stacy

Renee, don't force the creativity or you could chase your muse into further hiding. That is what I did and it was not good, still only comes in spurts.

I seem to be getting the calling to play with fabric here of late. Two problems with that, first I don't even have my machine set up, I could not figure out a place to put it in my room after the re-organize. That unavailability is probably what's got me itching to use it , lol. Secondly the current season is not when you want layers of fabric sitting in your lap, too hot. WAY WAY TOO HOT!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 AM

Yes, but with some Iron on adhesive backing and some die cutting tools you can make flowers to use on your paper projects out of fabric pieces.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Been real & been fun

DeeAnn

Militarily speaking, RPG = rocket propelled grenade. My apologies - my former fatigues are showing thru again!

I don't play any role playing games. Except for tretris and online Boggle, I stay away from computer games like the plague. My eye hand coordination is rotten and it makes frustrates me to the core.

On the other hand, Steve is always playing something on his Xbox 360 and he's been a gamer long before we met. He used to play Doom, Wolfestein on the computer. With Xbox 360 it's been Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, the Simpsons and Fable just to name a few. He trades movies in to Game Stop in order to put against more current games he's interested in.

Stacy - you can use a die cut machine to cut fabric and then use a Zyron to apply adhesive to the back.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM

You can stamp on smooth fabric and trim out part of the image just like in paper piecing.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
stampin stacy

Yeah but that's not exactly what the muse is whipering in my ear more like quilting kind of stuff. May need to try making a decorative mini with stamps. I'm willing to cut and piece this time of year but the quilting ain't gonna happen till the temps drop - a LOT. ( are these tear,sweat bullets or both?) LOL.

I have a really cool pic on my phone that I took at a museum and need to upload to the computer so I can share it here. It is a man, woman and child all done in white paper strips. Makes for an interesting wall paper for my phone. Booked solid with stuff today and probably tommorrow but hopefully later this week.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 AM

That sounds very interesting......all those people on white paper strips.