Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM
StampingAndrea

Default Tape Runner

What brand of tape runner seems to work best for everyone?

And do you prefer the glue dots over the just double sided tape kind?

I have went to get a card off my rack and find its falling apart

Maybe I'm just using too cheap of ones. But what works for you guys? Or do you use other things completely that work better then tape runners
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I love 2 different tape runners. For everyday crafting I have an ATG gun but use less expensive tape than the 3M stuff with the same results. I get the cheaper stuff from Tape Depot. It is acid free & comes in multiple widths. You don't need to have an ATG gun to use it, just keep a long tail on the backing & it is good to go.
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,4/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/
For traveling, small spots & detail work I use Kokuyo tape 'n' roller plus adhesive. It is a nice sized holder & the tape is really sticky. It is a little under 1/2" wide with splits in the tape ever 1/8" so if you need a skinny piece you just use tweezers to pull off a mini piece. 3M also makes one like this but if you can find the Kokuyo one you will be happy. I did some research before I posted this part & have found that Kokuyo is no longer available in the US but is still available overseas.
~C8>
Good luck in your hunt for the perfect adhesive.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM

i have used about every tape runner they have come out with...but I LOVED THE ATG ( Advanced tape glider ) SCOTCH'S BRAND THE BEST..i started using it last jan...and you guys know of all the art i have done this yr....its all been done with this glue glider...and the best thing is...the tape replacements have only had to be replaced 2 times..yes, thats correct..only 2 times..which was very cheap..because there are 2 refills in every little box...and if you have a coupon from hobby lobby or michaels craft stores you can get the glue tape replacements or the gun for 1/2 the price...i love it .. each tape roll comes in 216 feet wich is 72 yrd of tapes...and when you x'x that by 2 because there are 2 of them in the same little box you get 432 feet of tape which is a total of 144 yrds of tape...ahhhhhh heaven..pure glue runner heaven i use the 1/4 inch tape in mine but they also sell the 1/2 inch tape for them...its just what ever you like to use..i just prefer the 1/4 inch
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
StampingAndrea

Yay.. Good to know . I have some big ole hunking tape gun that I got at the
basket market( Hobby Lobby's mothership as I call it, since hobby lobby based here in OK the basket market gets all of the samples vendors send them but at cost.AHHH I hear angels singing everytime I walk in) I get lots of stamps there and inkpads too, I have got brand new stazon on for $2 and a bigshot for $20.

But enough about that, one day I was there and saw this box and when I opened it it was a ATG Gun and I just thought wow HUGE tape runner and bought it as a joke if nothing else. but I think it was like $15 or 20 but I think my problem with it is I have the wrong kinda tape... Gonna dig it up and re-examine.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM

ok girl...sounds great and if you dont want anything to do with it , let me know, i will give you a few bucks for it in case mine breaks...i love mine
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM

the tape it uses is the scotch barnd..they are in small purple boxes like 3 inch by 3 inch..its a very small box ..the code bars on the back of one of my boxes is 5111192261 , if that helps ya..but its the scotch brand ADVANCED TAPE GLIDER REFILL ROLLS..thats what it says on the back of the refiller tape box
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
StampingAndrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkyjo View Post
ok girl...sounds great and if you dont want anything to do with it , let me know, i will give you a few bucks for it in case mine breaks...i love mine
If I see another one for a good deal I pick it up .. LOL but wait I might need a spare too,, so if I see a few more cheap I get and let you know. But I am so excited to get the right kinda tape for mine and use it.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
stampin stacy

I saw something somewhere quite a while back that not all tape runners/guns are created equal. What color is you gun inkkyjo, different types/brand were different colors and a huge multi-page thread came down to one color was loved while the other was hated. Sorry I don't remember the specifics but maybe someone else does.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM

mine is the very large pink one they made for the breast cancer thingy and my ATG was made by the scotch tape brand company
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 AM

I found out that the Scotch Pink ATG is actually called Adhesive Transfer Glider. I don't know why it's a different name than the Adhesive Transfer Gun.

I use the Scotch Pink ATG. I like mine but I tend to use the tape without the gun more. I do use my gun. I tend to work on smaller projects and I feel silly with lots of tiny items on my desk and a big pink gun.

I love ATG tape. I own a lot of adhesives but my ATG tape is my favorite adhesive.