Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink Stamping on 'sticky'

Whether it's labels or tape (all sorts), you can have a lot of fun stamping on the adhesive side--I promise!

Here's an older example I did using a 4x6 shipping label. The bunny & flower stamp was from Sweet Stamping (not sure it's still available). I used stazon to stamp him on the sticky face of the label. I used a cookie cutter & fine-tip permanent marker to draw the egg.

I made masks using plastic-coated freezer paper & isolated the elements I wanted to color. I used colored sand (aquarium supply stores are a good place to shop).

I made a mortise mask for the egg & stamped it with images from Sugarloaf.

Once all the sand was applied, I cut out the piece & glued it to PP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sand stamping.jpg (31.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM

I like to stamp on multiple smaller labels and then color the image. Then you peel and stick them on a colored panel of CS. Adhere the whole thing to a card front. This will work with most any size stamp and I like to use blank mailing labels that may be left on a sheet that was partially printed.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM

Oho - that explains some clever things I have seen done Thanks for sharing, both of you.

Have you tried using any form of marker on sticky stuff?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanlhl View Post
Oho - that explains some clever things I have seen done Thanks for sharing, both of you.

Have you tried using any form of marker on sticky stuff?
Yes. Both waterbase & permanent have worked for me, Susan. Although I don't think I have any pix, I'm fond of working with tape--especially clear ones. Both single & double-face varieties offer lots of possibilities. For instance... If you stamp & color on the sticky face--leaving lots of adhesive un-inked--you can apply the stamped tape to lots of surfaces & have them show thru. Rather like stamping on acetate.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM

That opens whole new areas to explore. I had not tried writing or marking on the stickum before.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM

I think so too, fab. Thanks for the inspiration, Daniel Again!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM

Oh my gosh Daniel I love your creation. I love rabbits. I never thought about stamping on the sticky side of sticky sheets.

I love how you used a cookie cutter to draw the egg. I just bought Valentine's Day cookie cutters last night. You have given me ideas.

I learned a new stamping term- mortise mask. I had to Google. I am excited to learn a new mask technique.

I love how you used aquarium sand. Now, I think I know what you were thinking on a different thread. !

I make a lot of stickers (drawing, stamping, printing). I own a lot of sticker paper. I do stamp on the non-sticky side of my sticker paper. That is one of my favorite coloring techniques to use alcohol base markers.