Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink

Found a project that includes an example of 'animation cel' with markers.

I cropped it to show just that portion of the larger project. The dove stamp (Hampton Art) was stamped with StazOn. I turned it over & used permanent ink markers to color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Simply Wizard.jpg (28.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-24-2012, 03:39 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your tips Daniel. I really appreciate learning about this technique. I have gotten the "erase lines" when coloring. I never knew why. Your explanation was a light bulb moment.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 AM
stampin stacy

Here is an ATC I recently made and uploaded: http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...9057&ppuser=90

I cheated and colored the cs underneath instead, lol. You do have to be careful not to handle your piece too much as the ink can rub off. I had to use a black pen to touch up. You would probably not notice unless you look close enough but...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM
stampin stacy

BTW, forgot to mention when I was demo-ing "stained glass glittering" for Stamp La Jolla I also stamped on one side then flipped the image over and glittered on the reverse side. Not only does it keep the ink from running or coming off, if you don't stay in the lines it won't show... at least not as much
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
Here is an ATC I recently made and uploaded: http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...9057&ppuser=90

I cheated and colored the cs underneath instead, lol. You do have to be careful not to handle your piece too much as the ink can rub off. I had to use a black pen to touch up. You would probably not notice unless you look close enough but...
Love your ATC, Stacy! It's also a good example of a way to get a clear image--sentiment or other--to show up on a BG like yours. Here's a thot about the stamp you did direct on the colored ground... You could stamp the sentiment as you did (looks great), then flip the plastic over & stamp the image. To keep it from being to dark, you could use a colored ink or (my preference) stamp the image in 2nd or 3rd generation of the Black StazOn for a lighter look.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
stampin stacy

On this atc I wanted the glitter to "float" in between the image and sentiment but you sure could do that as long as you use an image on the back (flipped over) side that you don't mind being reversed.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
On this atc I wanted the glitter to "float" in between the image and sentiment but you sure could do that as long as you use an image on the back (flipped over) side that you don't mind being reversed.
Oops! Didn't catch that the glitter was on the reverse of the acetate, Stacy. But you might get the float effect even if you stamp the image & add the glitter on top. Far as reversed images? I actually prefer some of mine reversed 'specially if they are heading in the 'wrong direction' for a composition. KWIM?
Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 PM
stampin stacy

I've had to do that before too, lol.