Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
diana

I embossed the pieces I played with. I burnt some more and am going to try more with them. Sorry, way to timid to show & tell for now. MY guts are too musy, but am getting there. Just need to learn all this upload/download/sideload whatever load stuff! Burnt burner covers? Large collage art?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
stampin stacy

Diana, been there done that mushy feeling about sharing and not knowing how to do any of it back in April when I first joined. When you are ready if you have problems uploading give a holler.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 AM

Thumbs up All us mushy guts & puter-challenged...

I totally hear you, Diana! After years of having my stuff on public view, I still get that 'sinking feeling' when I put something out there for all to see. Glad to hear you are working up to it!

Far as the 'tech' part? I need all the help I can get! Glad there are folks like Stacy & others to help me find the 'right buttons' to push...
Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
scrappinthedayaway

i was wondering if anyone has instructions and uses for this it sounds really cool. am i understanding this you cut out a piece of the pop can and burn the side without a the label until it changes color. and then you stamp on it and cut it out. it sounds really cool i have been stamping for years and have never heard of this. thanks for any help on this
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
diana

Default burn that can!

I cut open the pop can (throw out the top & bottom) then flatten it. I have a glass top stove so I lay it directly on the burner turned to high and lay a heavy pan on top of it. With in seconds it is turning colors. Using tongs, I flip over. The printed side comes out neat, too. I keep it there until I like the results. I also put the vent fan on high to take out fumes. Mine vents to the outside which does help. Hope that helps. Experiment with putting it in a pan if you don't a glass top. Of course, if you have tourch, that is probably the best way, but I like the results I get on the stove. Have fun.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
scrappinthedayaway

thanks that sounds great.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink

Thot this thread was worth ressurecting...

While I repeat my (Daniel R's) caution about fumes while heat-coloring metal, I believe I know why the interior of beverage cans can be 'browned'...

The insides of these aluminum cans have a coating on them & that's what changes color.