Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here. Not for tutorials that include self promotion or links to off site tutorials.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:40 PM

The thing that helped me the most was a cheap Fiskars paper trimmer. Not the guillotine kind, the kind with a blade on a track. I have a heck of a time drawing and cutting straight lines even with a ruler, so it really helps my projects look better.

I'm also glad I finally bought a Ranger non-stick craft sheet. You can deposit ink and other coloring on it to do many different paper treatments, and it really is super-non stick, even hot glue doesn't stick to it. And it cleans up nicely.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 PM

I am going to throw in another one. This is for the stampers who suffer hand pain or the blocks are hard to hold.

I just bought the Fiskars Stamp Press. I am in love. A lot of times stamping hurts my hands when I hold the acrylic blocks or wood mounts. I have actually been avoiding my stamps. Plus, I am growing my nails out again so I can do nail art. The Fiskars Stamp Press has been a lifesaver. Now, I love stamping again.

I heard Rock A Block & The Mega Mount are really nice too. So instead of stocking up on a billion acrylic blocks you can look into those items. Stampo makes a handle for acrylic blocks which I am thinking of getting.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Since I have MS, my fine motor skills, standing, balance and strength are all pretty lousy. (AKA "suck.") I'm liking the mega-mount, and am finding it is handy for getting even coverage on large and or background stamps. Remember Christmas is coming, and Santa Claus would like ideas!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM

i dont have ms or any motor defect...but i have broke bones in all my limbs so i have a lot of metal in me and have had so many operations and have broken my hands..so i am in constant pain..bad pain..my fingers and hands get swollen stiff and i have a friend who has the huge big acrylic mount..( the mega mount ) and i could not use it..it hurt too much..if you only had to do one background it is ok, but if you were to do it everyday or just for a few hrs straight..you too would feel the pain in your hands and fingers..thats what my friend who own it says too...the block is very large to handle it with only one hand...i dont like to work or do art with things that hurt me..it becomes something i dont want to do..I also had a hard time getting the block to do an even coverage without constant watching..the stamps are the same size as the block..they are huge.., the rocking effect was causing it, its hard to get use to..i use my friends and i still cant get use to t...but i think maybe its just my pain...i am glad you felt it helped you..thats great..i hope you show us some of your work..also renee, i was meaning to ask you...what is Free Cell...is it a game...?