Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges

Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges Host and sign up for exchanges here.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Stamp Hoarder

Default ATC Question

I have a couple of groups that I swap ATC's with, but just can't seem to get enough of them. I'm hoping to start swapping here too. But I have a question.

The people I have been swapping with don't care if you make 1 of a certain design or 1000. As long as each one is hand stamped, colored, cut, etc. This works for me as I can make say an edition of 25-40 or so and have plenty to trade with the different groups I trade with. And no one cares if I trade atc's that I made a year ago if it fits in with any theme that might be going on.

I recently found another atc group where some of the members seem to be bent on more "unique" atc's and are not interested in any that someone has made more than 5 of. Like they aren't just as good. :::sigh:::

So I'm wondering what the opinion is here. Do you guys mind large editions as long as they are each one hand made? Do you care if someone uses an atc for a swap...even if they made it months ago?

To me, it doesn't matter. I mean, I just love collecting them. I prefer them to be on sturdy cs or similar and I don't think slapping a sticker on a piece of cs is art, but I don't care if someone's made 1 or 1000. And I don't care how old an atc is.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Inky the Muse

Hey Theresa!

Great minds think alike!

Personally, I'm not picky about birth order or litter size as long as it's stamped. Did you see the thread I started about recycled round robin swapping? I proposed 2 swaps using recycled left over project bits & extras from other swaps. The majority wanted to swap inchies so that's what we're doing, but there were a few (Stampin' Stacy comes to mind) who prefered to swap ATC's, but there weren't enough of us to get a decent round robin going. What if YOU propose an ATC RR for those of us who wanted swap out our recycled & surplus ATCs? If you know ATC swappers from other groups who want to play, that would be fine with me! Here's the link to the thread if you want to see how I set the inchie swap up (it hasn't officially started yet):

http://rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=2257

You can of course set yours up any way you want or do something else entirely. I know I have 'extras' that need homes & it sounds like you do too.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Great minds do think alike.

I'll got check out your thread.

I've never hosted a swap...so far I've been nervous that I would somehow mess up the sorting. But I would love to find good homes for some of my surplus atc's. But swapping out our extra atc's doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do....

Lemme go check that other thread and give it some thought!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Inky the Muse

This is the first RSC swap that I've hosted. I've participated in many of the swaps hosted by other members, but when this idea came to me in November I just girded my proverbial loins & posted my idea in a new thread. I guess some of the others liked the idea enough to sign up. But, I still would like to swap out my extra ATCs & am open to participating with other like minded stampers.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:09 PM

Personally, I make both multiple copies of some and others that are "unique" but as I see it, how are you to know if you're getting a unique ATC design that someone else hasn't already made copies of?

Just do what makes you feel good and if the group you're swapping with wants unique, give 'em unique, or whatever, just have fun!

Jeff
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitchin View Post
Personally, I make both multiple copies of some and others that are "unique" but as I see it, how are you to know if you're getting a unique ATC design that someone else hasn't already made copies of?

Just do what makes you feel good and if the group you're swapping with wants unique, give 'em unique, or whatever, just have fun!

Jeff
My thoughts exactly. I number mine to let people know, but others might not number theirs. And I personally don't care if I get 1 of 1 or 95 or 500. I just like making them and collecting them.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 PM
fadedpaperrose11

I have ATCs left over from conventions that I would love to swap out with others. That would be a lot of fun. I have lots of ATCs I've made, but only a variety of different ones 'cause I made a lot of each card. They may be color copied, instead of originals, tho'. I can't remember. What's your tho'ts on color copies?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darci Simmons View Post
I have ATCs left over from conventions that I would love to swap out with others. That would be a lot of fun. I have lots of ATCs I've made, but only a variety of different ones 'cause I made a lot of each card. They may be color copied, instead of originals, tho'. I can't remember. What's your tho'ts on color copies?
Well I do not know about anyone else but for me personally I do not mechanically reproduce anything that includes rubber stamps as many companies request that you do not do it and since I cannot remember which ones are ok or not ok I avoid it. Have I ever reproduced my own painting/drawings etc...yes as I gave myself permission to play that way...on a couple occasions just for kicks. I do not know about ATC's rules...I guess it depends on the individual? The work I copied was my own ink drawing I scanned in and played with. It was all original rendering I did myself.
I think when it comes to art work seeing an original in a museum would be a greater thrill than buying a poster of the original but if you love the piece...a momento of it could be a happy memory. Does that make sense?
Spideycindy
Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darci Simmons View Post
I spend a lot of time making all my atc's by hand. Each one is handstamped, hand colored, hand painted, hand cut, etc. Personally, I prefer to get the same in return.

And you know the old saying.....Stampers Do It Repeatedly.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
fadedpaperrose11

It does.

Does copying stamped art just to share art, okay or not? I tho't you couldn't copy if you were going to sell it or something like that. Who knows?