View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Years ago I swore that they could have my wood mounts when they tore them from my cold, dead hands. LOL But by the time I had about 1,000 stamps I knew that I was going to have to go unmounted.

Now I have over 5,000 stamps so all my rubber is on EZ Mount and in binders, sorted by theme and I stamp each image in an index binder by company. I've only ever had a very few slip on the EZ Mount and usually I just peel it back and realign it and it's fine.

I LOVE having them sorted in binders by theme because it makes it so easy to find the image I'm looking for. And I can have the binder out on my table while I'm working and don't have to keep getting different binders out.

Clear stamps...I've got around 500 of them, give or take. Some of them the images aren't very sharp, but for the most part they do the job. I have a couple that have ripped...but if I put them on the block carefully...I can stamp them and you can't tell that it's ripped. Some of them are discolored...but so is a lot of my rubber. I don't care what color it is as long as it stamps. I've acquired used rubber over the years that was so brittle it wouldn't stamp, but I've never had that problem with any of the clear stamps I've got. I do love clear alpha stamps! It's so nice to be able to stamp a word in a straight line!