Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Swap Shop (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Looking to buy stamps and big shot dies (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=6187)

Jetconsult 03-07-2017 02:03 PM

Looking to buy stamps and big shot dies

I am looking to buy used stamps or dies that work with the big shot. Where is the best place to shop?

Susanlhl 03-08-2017 12:27 AM

Hmm. That depends. What country do you live in? What style of crafter are you?

Jetconsult 03-10-2017 09:17 AM

I live in the US and I am looking for unmounted stamps and Big shot dies.

fab 03-15-2017 09:20 PM

You might call around to some local thrift shops. You can always unmounts them if they are a bargain. Check out eBay too. Most any die should work in your Big Shot with the right sandwich. If they don't cut well, you might need to add a shim. Some independent scrapbooking or stamping stores may have swap meets or sell some used items.

Susanlhl 03-16-2017 03:05 AM

Good ideas, fab. I am in Australia and don't know what is really available in the US. Hope you find what you want, Jetconsult.

That said, Stampin' Up! has a range of dies and stamps that you can choose not to mount. You could check online for a demonstrator near you?

Jetconsult 03-16-2017 06:08 AM

Yes, I love the Stampin Up dies and stamps.....but they are so expensive. I was looking for some used ones. Keep on stampin.

fab 03-16-2017 02:36 PM

Let us know what you do find and where you found the best buys.

chococat 03-17-2017 02:44 PM

Some places that I've had luck with getting dies and stamps:

Ebay - I haven't bought from there recently, but I was able to get a number of individual stamps or lots/grab boxes or dies for reasonable prices

Buy/sell area from other stamp forums - most do payment with paypal, however, some will accept money order
--> prices are generally reasonable as many are destashing as they are retired or getting out of stamping

Online stamp stores like VLVS or IBFS usually have clearance sections or specials which are a good way to get stamps as well

Tuesday Morning - if you have one nearby, usually has craft shipments every week and every so often it will be dies. You can check Tuesday Morning hauls on youtube to see if that week included dies. Since it's overstock items, not every store gets the same items or the same amount of items

Garage sales - I haven't had luck with these, but I know some people that have had great luck checking out garage sales or similar

Stampo 03-18-2017 02:09 PM

The VLVS! Pound O' Rubber is very popular.

https://vlvstamps.com/pound-oand-39-...s-sayings.html

cathy 04-01-2017 09:25 PM

I do like getting the Pound O' Rubber . Plus you get a free flamingo with all your orders. Still trying to get a purple one.

Yankee 04-06-2017 10:18 AM

I found some at Bookmans in Az.
Don't know about other states.
They have all kinds of used stuff!

susi1662 04-20-2017 06:54 AM

I love me the box o'rubber! I haven't been able to get more than 2 a year now though!
Posted via Mobile Device

TooManyStamps 05-03-2017 11:24 AM

STAMPS FOR SALE! AWESOME PRICING! EMAIL FOR MORE INFO!!

Hi there everybody! I have a massive collection of new / used stamps that I would be willing to sell for VERY low prices + shipping fees. There are over 1000 stamps in my collection, but I am currently trying to get rid of 200 or so. Taking pictures of everything is overwhelming, so here is an example shot of a table I have laid out, and a few boxes filled with the littler stamps. Almost all the stamps are mounted and in excellent - perfect condition. I will not be selling anything that would not be absolutely fresh and error free. The most stamped of the stamps for sale I have stamped only one or two times, as the stamps I regularly use are not for sale. Please don't get me wrong, these stamps are one of a kind now a days and would be nearly impossible to find easily for sale. The stamps are from a massive amount of major stamp companies such as "stampin' up" "rubber monger" "stampa Rosa" and much more (too much to count). If you would like to buy some of these stamps (photos are the links below), please contact me at
(Chriscanin03(at)gmail.com)(exclude space) for any sale requests, I will not be accepting trades of any kind. I am in Irvine in Southern California, and anybody is able to come by and check out everything I've got + more at another location! HAPPY Crafting!
I cannot actually post the pictures because this site does not allow me to post links yet. Please email me at the address above for a gallery of photos.

fab 05-07-2017 05:41 PM

You will be able to post pictures when your post count reaches 10. So hop on over to the games and play a few. Or offer comments on other threads. I might be interested in some from Stampin Up.