Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Stamp Talk (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Art Journals (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=6098)

Theresagram 06-30-2016 07:21 PM

Art Journals

3 Attachment(s)
Does anyone on here do any art journaling?

I've been doing it for awhile and it's a lot of fun. It's given me a place to use a lot of my stamps that I haven't had much chance to use. It's a great outlet and nice to work on something for yourself.

Here's the cover of one of my art journals. It was a children's board book. I traced my profile on it and cut it with regular scissors and sanded the edges. Then I gessoed the whole thing and laid down some acrylic paint on all the pages.

Attachment 5391

Attachment 5392

Here's one of the spreads after I stamped and stenciled on it.
Attachment 5393

Don 06-30-2016 09:13 PM

That is very clever, well done ... or started.

Susanlhl 07-01-2016 03:46 AM

I've only done a little bit, mainly smash journals of anything and everything that happens day to day.

I love what you have started with your 'Inside my head' journal!

GameGirlAZ D 07-01-2016 12:10 PM

Theresagram, Your Art Journal book is amazing!!! I have watched a lot of people do art journaling but I haven't tried it exactly. I enjoy making journals, the kind with the signatures held in by the elastic bands and the kind with the sewn in signatures.
(Once again, I apologize because my pictures did not upload. :()

Lady Kestrel 07-02-2016 09:32 AM

I love it, Theresa! Just the art of creating the book is wonderful, and the cover made me laugh out loud. Are those Ken Brown stamps on the cover? He has made some that are near and dear to my heart and mind.

I have kept written journals for years but haven't tried using my stamps in that way. You've given me some inspiring ideas, especially since I have several blank journals just waiting to be used.

Theresagram 07-04-2016 07:33 PM

Thanks everyone!! :D :D I'm having so much fun with it. I'll post more pics as i get more done!

The stamps...the woman standing is Ken Brown, the screaming woman I got from Stampo. The dial at the top is Ma Vinci's, the eye is Stampfransisco and the alpha is a clear set that I think is a Michael's brand.... I had drew the brain.

Theresagram 07-04-2016 07:49 PM

Argh. I'm looking thru my index binder of stamps and can't find the alphabet set to tellyou for sure where it came from. I keep getting distracted...hey..I need to use that stamp...oh, I forgot I had that one...LOL I'll keep trying to find it and let you know.

I'm glad I could inspire someone to try an art journal! They are so much fun!

Theresagram 07-04-2016 08:02 PM

Aha! The alphabet stamps I used on the cover of the journal are Inkadinkado! Now I can sleep tonight!

Susanlhl 07-06-2016 12:34 AM

Lol, Theresagram!

Elayne 07-09-2016 08:16 PM

Wow I'm impressed that is one cool book.