Any one here has the Cuddle Bug Embossing machine? [Archive] - Rubberstampchat

View Full Version : Any one here has the Cuddle Bug Embossing machine?

lillibet
09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
HI to all:

I've been thinking about purchasing a cuddle bug embossing machine and was wondering if any one here has one and how much you like it?

I want it for the embossing part of it so i know i would have to buy embossing folders ...

Does any any one have tips on how to use it best etc?

Please let me know and where would be the cheapest place to purchase it.
thanks

StamPoor
09-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Lilibet... I haven't used the Cuttlebug embossing machine, but I have used the Cuttlebug embossing folders in my Sizzix and really love the results. As you probably know, they have folders that will emboss the full front of the usual A2 card or they have smaller folders you can place in a corner or to use on gift tags and enclosures. If it works well in my Sizzix, it certainly ought to work well in their own machine.

stampin stacy
09-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't have one myself but several members have it and love it, check out this thread:
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=631&page=3

Hopefully one of them will give you more details once they see this thread.

teachpastel
09-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I have it and have traded it for the wizard. All cuttlebug,suzzix, etc. can be used in the wizard. You can flatten bottle caps and do all kinds of things with it. Check out the web site for recipes www.spellbinders.us.

Etha
09-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I have the cuttlebug and really like it. I also have the wizard and like it more ;)
The cuttlebug is very easy to use, easy on the hands (I have arthritis in both hands) but the "B" plates can break if you do something experimental with it or use it a lot for cutting dies, they are rather thin. The equivalent wizard plates are a lot sturdier but do get cut up quite a bit with heavy use. For embossing I find the cuttlebug superb, good price too if you have a coupon.

stampwilly
10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I have the cuttlebug and love it. I have not had a plate break yet. I keep turning it over after several uses, so that it doesn't warp. It is very easy to use. You can get the cuttlebug at AC Moore using your 40% off coupon. It would around $50.00. The folders are a great price and you can get them even cheaper on the Joanne's site sometimes and some other web sites. A lot of times AC Moore has all the cuttlebug items on sale for 40 - 50% off. Have fun!:D

Stampwilly

cherby
10-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I love my Cuttlebug! I got it at Michaels (with a 50% coupon) and it was around $40-50. The embossing folders are great and they are coming out with a bunch of new, super cool ones. Go check out www.allthatscraps.com. They have good prices on the folders! Have fun!

michelle328
10-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I love my Cuttlebug! I can't make comments on other systems since this is the first and only one I've ever had or used. I went with it because of the versatility...you can use about any other products (dies, embossers etc) with it, and the price. With my coupon it was less than $50.

My B plates are scarred but so far haven't broken. If I use really heavy material in the machine, I actually use the A plates next to the die; they're quite a bit sturdier.

HTH
Michelle

Vincentia
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I love my Cuttlebug, also got it with 50% coupon. Use it more than my Zip-E-Mate because it's so easy to tote around. The embossing folders are great and I also use it with my Fiskars texture plates and I have collected most of the Sizzix texture plates as well. I mostly use plain copy paper or construction paper and then spritz it with some Wonder Wash/Peerless Transparent Metallics to add some sparkle!

StampingSpud
10-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I love the embossing folders, and I use them in my Big Shot.

JeanneLee
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I just sold my Cuttlebug because I wanted a Sizzix BIG Kick that cuts other stuff beside paper, plus...you can use the embossing folders aaaaaaand the Spellbinders Nestabilities work great in it too!

StampinNancy
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I have the bug and I love it!! I had resisted getting a die cut machine until I saw this one. I've used the bug embossing folders in it - they are great but the folders a just a tad smaller than a standard card front. I've used sizzix dies and spellbinder nestability dies with no problem. You will have to experiment with your cutting "sandwich" when you are using other manufacturer's dies, but once you have this down it is a breeze. A word of caution - many people think that to emboss and cut that you need a great deal of pressure when you run the materials thru the machine - to the point that people break the handles, etc. It takes just a LITTLE pressure to cut an emboss, so if you find yourself working hard to crank the handle, then your sandwich is too thick.

stampgirl
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I love my Cuttlebug! I didn't think I wanted a die cutting machine. Now that I have it I use it all the time. I read somewhere about using it for brass stencils with gasket stuff from the auto parts store. Has anyone tried this?

rscowtown1
12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
is there a trick to using other brands of texture plates in the cuttle bug?
just using my cuttlebug for the first time and wish there were more textures available, but if i can use sissix or fiskars, that helps open it up to more embossing:)
TIA

StampinNancy
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I have not used any other brands of texture plates, only the Cuttlebug ones, however I understand that in January there will be some new Cuttlebug embossing folders on the market - check out the Provo craft site and take a look at the new ones - I think I may be getting many of them!

StamPoor
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I use the Cuttlebug embossing folders in my Sizzix machine and love them but have not seen any other brand of embossing folders. What am I missing? I will certainly be watching for the new folders coming out in January.

stmpstone
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I love and use the Big Shot the most....even more than my Cricut.

I love the CuttleBug embossing folders and from what I'm reading you all love them too.

Some friends showed me how to put the envelope flap in the embossing folder and crank that through so it matches your card. It really turns out cute. Thought I would share in case you hadn't thought about it.

I have a QuicKutz hand machine which I don't use because I don't have the strength in my hands that I once had. I got the Sizzix machine which worked well but I sold it when I got the Zip e Mate. I like it but if I'm not careful I crank the plates right through it and out the other side. Too many Wheaties!

When the Big Shot showed up in the TAC catalog I told Bob I'm not going to sell it if I don't have it so I ordered it as a half price item on my order. I love the Big Shot. The Big Kick looks the same but somebody said it wasn't quite as heavy. A good point if you're going to be carrying it around but mine generally sits here on the counter. So far, I can use all my dies in the Big Shot....it takes the Sizzix, all sizes, the AccuCut in the smaller sizes, the QuicKutz with the proper thick bases, the QK Cookie Cutter type and the Nestabilities with the proper bases and maybe a shim or two.

I found a sale where .... and here's what I don't remember the details on.... you buy the alphabet and they give you the Revolution or maybe it's the other way around. This is a nice machine but it doesn't work with all the dies the other machines do.

The Cricut doesn't have a place to live yet. It's back in the case to keep it safe. I'm really just out of room here. I love using it as it's so easy and it does all, literally all the work. Okay I have to cut the paper to fit the machine. That's easy enough.

Claudia in Las Vegas that needs more room for her stuff...... : )