Stamp Pad Storage [Archive] - Rubberstampchat

View Full Version : Stamp Pad Storage

TimeforT
08-03-2007, 04:38 AM
I have an ever growing stamp pad collection and needed a better storage solution. While shopping at a dept. store I found one of those plastic 'sock dividers' that is supposed to go in a drawer. It hit me that hanging on a wall it would be perfect for my problem. Voila... now I have a 20 space stamp pad holder. Each space hold 3 pads! Yeah... I have 2 ! ! ! :clap:
At a cost of $3.99 each I've solved my problem. I even painted them black to match the shelves near by.

patcreates
08-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Wow! This sounds like a great solution! Where did you find this?

stampin stacy
08-03-2007, 09:33 AM
What a cool idea, great thinking!

Fliss
08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Just ran in to measure DH's sock divider! Yeah!!! It really works.:clap:
But will he be as impressed as I am when he finds out where it's gone?
Thanks for the Tracy :)) xx

j3annin3
08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
wow! that's a great idea!

and really i don't need to divide my socks, they get along marvelously.

TimeforT
08-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Patti, I found mine at Ross Dept. store. I'm sure you could find them most anywhere. I did use the dremal drill and cut off the big end. That end wasn't divided into the small compartments. That saved me wall space, (to add the other one). I have more wall space than desk space.
Thanks Teresa

Inky Whiskers
08-04-2007, 01:48 PM
You ladies are cracking me up so much that I had to explain to DH what all the guffaws were about! :))

My often used full size pads are stored in 2 SU! Color Caddies on my desk top, the less used ones are in a Tim Holtz ink pad suitcase & my mini pads are in lil drawers in a cardboard Ink Palace, but I certainly can appreciate a resourceful storage solution. :D

My unconventional storage ideas include using multi pant hangers for stamp wheels & milk crates w/cable tie "shelves" for 12x12 card stock.

alsmouse
08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
My unconventional storage ideas include using multi pant hangers for stamp wheels & milk crates w/cable tie "shelves" for 12x12 card stock.

I gave up on the sock drawer thing a while ago. each Co. ink pads are in their own plastic shoe box(es) divided by ink style. Most of my supplies are in labeled shoe boxes. My shoe boxes are either on regular book shelves or on those industrial style bakers racks depending on use & weight. I get my workouts by lifting my books of rubber to pull the next stamp out LOL. But my big "cheap storage" is those 9 panel wire mesh dorm storage cubes stacked & zip-tied together for my 12x12. $9.99 on sale! Works great & even has a few larger spaces for those big pad packs we end up buying.

hewitt_hulse
09-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Amazing! Where did you find this treasure!
Hewitt

Inky Whiskers
09-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Amazing! Where did you find this treasure!
Hewitt

Which storage treasure do you mean? Several have been described by different people.

Renee
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I need more sock dividers for my two drawers of socks, so will have to get enough extras to hold my growing collection of ink pads. As good a reason as any for a shopping trip!

divergrl7
05-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah but are they flimsey or hard plastic?

TimeforT
05-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Mine is all one piece. Solid walls and dividers.:) I have 2 now! Still loving them.:clap:

Shera
05-30-2008, 08:25 PM
At risk of sounding dumb- were do you put the divider? In a drawer? basket?

Inky Whiskers
05-30-2008, 09:41 PM
You could put them in either type or any other container they fit in, the point is to organize your ink pads so you can find what you're looking for and also have the pads rest flat so the ink doesn't pool &/or leak.

TimeforT
05-31-2008, 06:41 AM
No question is ever dumb!... :wave: I hang my sock dividers vertical on a wall. Works like the old cassette tape holders when vertical. The ones I have are molded plastic and sturdy. :clap: I have limited desk space, so this works great for me!

Stampwrite
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I love the sock divider idea! Other solutions I've found are always so expensive. Finally one that fits my budget. Thanks!

janetcastle
10-11-2008, 12:37 AM
What a great idea....I happen to have two also that did NOT fit into my sock drawer (too tall).
Guess there is always a use for everything!
Jan