12 Tags question [Archive] - Rubberstampchat

View Full Version : 12 Tags question

LorraineB
12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi, here I am again asking another question but what better place than here to get answers! I'm doing Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas (not really following his tags, doing my own). The front of the tags look great, just don't turn them over!! Am I the only one who's tags are all inky on the back? I'll assume I'm not and ask what do you do to cover the back of the tags if you're going to give it to someone? I was thinking about cutting out thin paper and adhering it to the back. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Deb Lovett
12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
That sounds like a good idea, Lorraine. Scrapbook paper would make a pretty backing, or if you need more stability, cardstock would work.

We'd love to see your tags. Want to show them here in this thread, or do you already have them in your gallery?

Inky Whiskers
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Deb's idea is great! An easy way to adhere the backing is to run it thru' your Xyron before you cut or punch the tag backs out. Double stick tape will also work. Yes, there are a bazzilion adhesives out there, but if your tags are a little warped by the moisture in the ink, adding more moisture by using a wet adhesive won't help flatten them out unless you put the tags under something heavy (i.e. a plastic wrapped dictionary or phone book, or my fav...a DVD case with a jar full of rocks on top) while the glue dries. :D

LorraineB
12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks so much!! I went to Michael's and bought some thin paper. The cardstock I have is too thick. Thanks for the heads up on using adhesive. I didn't think about what it could possibly do to the tags. When I get some additional tags done I'll take photos and add them to the gallery. Thanks again for your help.