It's May, It's May the Lusty Month of May [Archive] - Rubberstampchat

View Full Version : It's May, It's May the Lusty Month of May

Spideycindy
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
The Monthly Card Swap for May is a 1:1 Card Swap and there are many things to celebrate in May so take a look and place your votes: the most popular theme will win and a 1:1 card swap will happen.

May 1: National Chocolate Parfait Day, May Day and Mother Goose Day
May 2: National Truffles Day
May 3: National Raspberry Tart Day
May 4: National Homebrew Day
May 4: National Orange Juice Day
May 4: National Candied Orange Peel Day
May 5: National Chocolate Custard Day
May 5: Cinco de Mayo
May 6: National Crepes Suzette Day
May 6: International No Diet Day
May 7: National Roast Leg of Lamb Day
May 8: National Empanada Day
May 8: Have A Coke Day
May 9: National Butterscotch Brownie Day
May 10: National Shrimp Day, Mothers Day
May 11: Eat What You Want
Day
May 12: National Nutty Fudge
Day, and Florence Nightengale's Birthday
May 13: National Fruit Cocktail
Day
May 14: National Buttermilk
Biscuit Day
May 15: National Chocolate Chip
Day
May 16: National Coquilles St.
Jacques Day , Armed Forces Day
May 17: National Cherry Cobbler
Day
May 10 is National Shrimp Day!
May 18: National Cheese Soufflé Day
May 19: National Devil’s Food Cake Day
May 20: National Quiche Lorraine Day
May 20: Pick Strawberries Day
May 21: National Strawberries and Cream Day
May 22: National Vanilla Pudding Day
May 23: National Taffy Day
May 24: National Escargot Day
May 25: National Wine Day, Memorial Day
May 26: National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
End the month by celebrating National Macaroon
Day.
May 26: National Cherry Dessert
Day
May 27: National Grape Popsicle
Day
May 28: National Brisket Day
May 29: National Coq Au Vin Day , Celebrate Ice Cream Freezers Patented day
May 30: National Mint Julep Day
May 31: National Macaroon Day
Ok so there is alot of food to think about also here are some other topics to tempt you to play!
This Month also celebrates:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Month
BBQ Month
Egg Month
Salsa Month
Hamburger Month
I realize this is alot of food but I thought I would toss alot out there and see what inspires you.
Of course I may have missed alot and please toss into the Month fun celebrations I may have missed. Put your thinking caps on and lets play in May!
Sign up and cast your vote until May 6th then the votes will be tallied and swap partners selected and Mail out by the end of the Month please.

piecesandpom
04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh, I can't wait to tell my youngest she was born on the day the ice cream freezer was patented! :laugh:

I'm not signing up, just stalking the thread to see what folks are up to and wishing I would have enough time to do this one.

Enjoy May!

Spideycindy
05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
No takers yet this month? It is alot about food and well we all may be a bit Easter Candy overloaded. There are alot of good swaps going on. But time is ticking. Don't dwell too long or the next swap won't hit until June!:))
spidey

Lady Kestrel
05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Either Wine Day or Chocolate Chip Day would be my choice.

Spideycindy
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Awesome...anyone else decide by tomorrow or miss your chance to play....:p
I will be thinking on my faves as well and we may have to be creative on this one either way....Thanks for playing! Come on you lurkers out there this one is easy and fun...only one card to make. Not due to be mailed until the end of the month!
Spideycindy

j3annin3
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
:lol: chocolate chip day sucked me in but i'm happy to do what ever subject we end up with.

Johns1lpj
05-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm in and I'll go with whatever is picked...

Spideycindy
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Ok this swap is now closed. I will tally the votes and post the swap partners and yes I am playing too...:o I forgot myself.
Robert picked the numbers for me and this is the swap parings we have.
Lady Kestrel sends to J3annin3
J3annin3 sends to Johns1lpj
Johns1lpj sends to Spideycindy
Spideycindy sends to Lady Kestrel

Our Swap card for the month of May is "Chocolate Chip Cookie Month"
now for those of you that want to dip your chocolate chip in Wine...:confusion::)) Just kidding! Have fun with this one and if you are like me and have no cookie stamps or chocolate chips get creative :confused:
Thanks for playing and if you need addresses pm one another. If you can scan your card or recipients if you can scan that is also very good!<3
Spideycindy

Johns1lpj
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Hello - Spideycindy - Your card will be in the mail by the end of the week. I will be out of town - in Ohio playing grandma for a week and I wanted to make sure your card was done in mailed before I leave. Hope you enjoy it...

Spideycindy
05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
wow Thanks I will be watching! I went shopping over the weekend for inspiration as I have no chocolate chip Cookie stamps...I will have to be creative with this one!
Spidey

cardgirl
05-20-2009, 06:33 AM
This sounds like fun!! I will be on the lookout for one in June if you decide to do again.

Spideycindy
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
This sounds like fun!! I will be on the lookout for one in June if you decide to do again.

Yes every month we have a 1:1 card exchange and it is alot of fun. This belongs to Ms Alsmouse but I am caretaking it for her until she is able to resume the lead. All are welcome and the topics are vote driven and can be wild and crazy at times.
Linda I received your wonderful card and all I can say is I am jealous you must have alot of fun with a cutting system? Very sweet and how much fun a glass of milk to go with!:lovie:
Spideycindy

Spideycindy
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
So how is everyone doing with their card exchange? My card is going postal tomorrow Lady Kestrel! I hope you enjoy it I had alot of fun making this one! I kind of did my own thing but the intent was to celebrate the Month of May and Chocolate Chip Cookies! Afterall this is ment to be fun! Hope you smile when you get it!
Spideycindy

j3annin3
05-28-2009, 08:38 AM
mine will be in the mail some day in the next couple Johns1lpj :)

Lady Kestrel
06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Spidey,
Your card is wonderful! The detail work is lovely, and I did laugh out loud on your take on one of my favorite children's books. I hope you remembered to scan it for everyone to see.

Cynthia

Spideycindy
06-01-2009, 10:09 PM
:lol: Glad you liked it. I had to make it! Too much fun!
Spideycindy

j3annin3
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Cynthia, Lady Kestrel, thank you very much, it's a snappy fun card, ~ i do believe in cookie wisdom.