March to June Color Challange Tags [Archive] - Rubberstampchat

View Full Version : March to June Color Challange Tags

alsmouse
02-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi All,
With my family situation needing more focused attention, I am handing over the hosting reins to Ms Inky Whiskers for the months of March & April. She may also do a few more months depending on my family needs.
So, for March & April, Please send your tags to Inky Whiskers. I am giving you enough advance notice so you can make sure that March & April tags go to her address to avoid any delay in receiving your tags back.
Just to refresh your memory, here are Tuckers choices for March through June, so you have a chance to get your supplies & ideas formed in advance.

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green Sign up cutoff: 030809
Mail by date: 032309
April --- plum/bamboo green/tan Sign up cutoff: 040509 Mail by date:042009
May --- orange/cream/turqouise Sign up cutoff: 050509 Mail by date:052609
June --- plum/marine blue/linen Sign up cutoff: 060809 Mail by date: 062209

Please remember to maintain the set mailing date for each swap & now send them to:
Inky Whiskers
c/o Jenna Roby
3343 S 300th PL
Auburn, WA 98001-2232

If you have any further questions, please contact Inky. She's been playing from day one & can usually give you the answer long before I can. I will continue to play in the swaps, but in case I'm called away in a hurry I want to make sure that you all don't miss out on all the fun of this swap.
Now go create something wonderful. ~C8>

Inky Whiskers
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Here's the player list so far from the Jan-March sign ups. If you'd like to be added to the fun, just post here to let me know. :D

Oh! A couple of things that aren't in the guidlines below: 1) each player is to pick one color to add to the month's listed colors. Neutrals like white, black & ivory (vanilla, ecru etc) are not considered a 'choice' since they may be needed to balance the colors or allow you to use dye inks that don't work very well on darker paper. 2) We always include 2 extra tags each month. One goes to X-ray Amy as a thank you for giving us RSC & the other goes to an anonymous member that can't participate, but greatly appreciates getting the tags anyway. (Don't ask 'cause it's a secret! :p ) So the tag math looks like this: 1 for you/1 for each of the other players/2 for our special people. I'll post a final head count when this swap closes for the month.

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green
Signup closes 03/09 Mail due date 03/23/09
players-
poohstamps
alsmouse
inky whiskers
spidey cindy
piecesand pom
childsp
darci simmons
nejxr25
marie
marstamper
jeanette
teena
j3annin3

2 requests:
1) if you are having trouble making the deadline please PM me (inky whiskers) ahead of time to let me know. I certainly understand that life gets in the way sometimes, I just want to stay informed of whats going on and what to expect.

2) This thread is for the signing up for and discussion of the Color Challenge Tags only. Please help me keep this thread on topic so those that are participating can stay informed and up to date about the swap.

Tag Guidelines:
The tag size is 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" with the one end having the corners cut off at the .5" mark on the 90 degree point, a 1/4" hole punched in middle of cut end
Please, as long as we leave the tag holes undecorated with ribbons & stuff, they will be easy to mail back & forth.
As for cutting of the corners & making the hole so all our tags more or less match...I have a tip for the others: make a template for cutting the corners & punching the hole. For those who need it, if you PM me (inky whiskers), I will send out a template pattern & my address (is in my member contact info AND in post #1, right below this one).
Also please type up a supply & techniques list, shrink it to a size that will easily fit the back of the tag fronts, copy the list to fill the sheet, cut the lists apart then stick them to the back.(Don't forget your name).
Once you have completed your color combination, just mail the required number of tags in either a padded 4" x 7" envie or a 6" x 9" envie. Plus an approprite sized envie SASE inside or a return address tag and enough postage to get it back to you, I'll make sure that we each get one tag of each others work. Don't forget to keep one for your self.

"Monkey Keeper asked: Is there a color chart we can refer to for some of the colors? Or are the color names specific so a brand of inkpad or marker? Or do we just make our best estimate of what a color is supposed to be?"

"Inky Whiskers (that's me!) replied-A perfectly reasonable question, but nope, we don't use a color chart or a specific brand of anything. This swap is all about stretching our creative muscles by using colors & combinations we might not normally choose to work with. Other than the required size of the tag & corner/hole specifics, you can do whatever comes to your muse & use whatever supplies you have or want to buy. (like any of us need more than the slightest of nudges to head for the LSS )

Some of us go with the first thing that comes to mind when we learn what the month's colors are & others wander around for a few days/weeks thinking about the colors & waiting for inspiration to strike. If you have to use at least one brain cell to come up with an idea for this, then you're doing it right. The point is to do something different, not go on stamping autopilot. This is also a great opportunity to experiment with new techniques & play with new or not often used stamps, inks, embellishments & papers. You should get 8 tags from one sheet of 8.5x11 card stock and so far, 2 sheets of card stock has been enough (w/left overs) to do each month's set of tags. Also, take notes as you go of what you use for stamps (w/company name), inks, papers & embellishments so you remember everything when you type up the supply list for the back of your tags. If you have room, include basic info about the technique. Many of us include this info with better directions when we upload to our galleries as well.
If you're really suck trying to visualize a particular color, try Googling it to see what others in the art world have come up with for that color. This is a very subjective process & there really aren't any 'wrong' answers. So go have some fun!!!"

Now go create something wonderful ~C8>

j3annin3
02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
thank you Inky :)

Jeanette
02-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Inky,

Thanks for the explanation re the count. I wondered why the +2.

Jeanette

Inky Whiskers
02-24-2009, 01:42 AM
You are both very welcome! Besides, I'm just doing the job Ms. Mouse asked me to do. :blush:

piecesandpom
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Ugh! I really did sign up for this one and really have an aversion to bright/dark pink. . .so I hope the muse can help get me to a good place and/or find that fourth color that will help me through this one.

Oh, not to discourage folks but I hope I don't have to make 25 of them or anything!

alsmouse
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Ugh! I really did sign up for this one and really have an aversion to bright/dark pink. . .so I hope the muse can help get me to a good place and/or find that fourth color that will help me through this one.
Oh, not to discourage folks but I hope I don't have to make 25 of them or anything!

So far we are at about 16 players including the +2's. I'm not a pink fan either but I'm pulling up my big girl shorts & doing it. Just remember, the color has to represented in some manner. If need be use it as an embelisment or highlight. HTH ~C8>

marstamper
02-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Sign me up for April, May and June. Thanks.

Jeanette
02-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Please sign me up for April, May, June.

Jeanette

Inky Whiskers
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM

This is why this swap is called a CHALLENGE, Karen! :)) It forces us to look at colors we might normally avoid & find a good way to use them. Stampers, like other artists, tend to get myopic and go with our fav colors most of the time. This is fine & we get to really know the colors that 'speak' to us, but a little brain aerobics to keep our jello flexible is also a good thing. One of us might even find a NEW fav color by accident. :lol:

Here are the sign up lists for April, May & June with colors & due dates. I'll start a new thread each month to remind us what we've signed up for & to give others a chance to play if they don't wish to sign up ahead of time.

APRIL ~ plum/bamboo green/tan
Inky Whiskers
Alsmouse
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Pieces & Pom
Darci
Poohstamps
Marstamper
j3annin3
Marie
childsp

MAY ~ orange/cream/turquoise
Inky Whiskers
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Alsmouse
Darci
Poohstamps
teena
stampeediva

JUNE ~ plum/marine blue/linen
Inky Whiskers
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Alsmouse
Pieces & Pom
Darci
Poohstamps
teena

Tag particulars are listed in posts #1 & #2 of this thread & will be reposted each month in the new thread. Post, PM or email me any questions you have or if your tags will be delayed or you need to bow out. Life happens & we can adjust. :D

Spideycindy
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
I need to sign up please Ms Inky!
Spidey

Inky Whiskers
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Is that for all 3 months, Ms. Spidey? :D

Spideycindy
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh yes please!
Spidey

alsmouse
02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm still playing for each month, I'm just not hosting so you can actually get yopur tags if I need to take care of the family issues. :D Please sign me up for April, May & June. ~C8>

piecesandpom
02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
I can get into the April to June colors so please sign me up.

And thanks for the reminder that the color I have an aversion to may be an embellishment. The truth here is that we way over did the pink in our eldest daughter's room. Everyone who walked in the room was sort of stunned is was so bright. It took two coats of oil-based paint on the woodwork when she decided yellow, white with blue accents were more in her taste - but I still got the job of painting the pink woodwork.

Inky Whiskers
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
All signed up, ladies! :D

P.S. I figured you were participating Ms. Mouse, but did not wish to presume or assume. :p

Darci Simmons
02-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Please sign me up for April thru June. Can't miss out on the FUN! :D

Inky Whiskers
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
And so you won't! :D

poohstamps
03-01-2009, 11:11 AM
ummmm hello Miss Inky, uh duhhhhh sign me up please, mine will come to you via Nellie mail

alsmouse
03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
APRIL ~ plum/bamboo green/tan
Inky Whiskers
alsmouse
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Alsmouse
Pieces & Pom
Darci
Poohstamps

Uh, Inky, If I'm listed as playing twice does that mean I have to make 2 sets?? :noway: ~C8>

P.S. Just had to rib you. :lol:

Inky Whiskers
03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
What are you going to do if I say 'YES'? :))

P.S. I 'fixed' the oversite. :p

Darci Simmons
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
I googled "linen", one of the June colors and it was basically "white", altho' linen material can be seen in a rainbow of colors. So does that mean we can pick whatever color we want to be "linen"? I'm guessing the answer is "yes", since you all say that it's the challenge more than getting the RIGHT color. Just wondering if anyone else was wondering what color "linen" is. I've already decided on a color that I think of when someone says "linen". It's a color I don't use often, so that will be good for me. :D What says you? Anyone else looking at June colors yet???? :lol: Can you tell I'm excited about the color challenge tags?!? :))

Inky Whiskers
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Enthusiasm is a good thing! :lol: I grew up with antique linen dishtowels, so my mind goes to that off white pushing ivory color that can even lean towards tan if it's tow linen from the colonial days. Some things just get stuck & there little change allowed. :eyeroll:

Darci Simmons
03-03-2009, 11:36 AM
The off-white ivory color is what I think of when someone says "linen", too. :D The colored pencil I have that's closest is "sand". Some of the colors for the next three months are so dark and rich. I love it! :D

piecesandpom
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
And I think sand is still too dark for linen, Darci. I'm thinking cream instead. . .

Inky Whiskers
03-04-2009, 11:15 AM
This is where it gets fun, ladies, as there really isn't a wrong answer! :D

Darci Simmons
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
It IS fun! I picked "sand" for linen, because we use "cream" in May. I didn't want to use the same color for linen and cream. :D I also matched "sand" with a natural "linen" color I googled. So the fun is in the search. And ALL the tags turn out MARVELOUS even tho' our colors are slightly different. Fun, ain't it??? :lol:

piecesandpom
03-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm wondering what a little gingeroot and cream would look like? Maybe linen or maybe not. . .love to play!

alsmouse
03-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm wondering what a little gingeroot and cream would look like?

Well if you put them in a cold bowl & whip them to stiff peaks you get a great topping for sliced fresh pineapple or strawberries or angelfood cake. :)):)) (Anyone hungry now???)

Linen for me is a grayed brown khaki color. I'm thinking of the natural linen before it is soaked in water & beaten to remove the fibers that give it that deep shade. The colors you have described so far is the further processed plant. ~C8>

Inky Whiskers
03-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Linen for me is a grayed brown khaki color. ~C8>

The darker fibers from the outer rings of the flax stalk are what tow linen is made from & this fabric was used for cheap sacking & linens for poor folks. The lighter, smoother inner fibers from the flax plant were used for the 'good' linen that was often sold to high end homes. Gee, something I learned in college came in handy! :D

piecesandpom
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Grayed brown khaki - not what I see in my head alsmouse. Guess I'm just going to keep playing with my pencils. . .

Inky Whiskers
03-07-2009, 04:10 AM
This is our group so far for March. Anybody else out there in RSC land want to stretch their inky brain cells & swap some fantabulous tags? Just post here by midnight Monday & I'll add you to the list. :D

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green
Signup closes 03/09 Mail due date 03/23/09
players-
poohstamps
alsmouse
inky whiskers
spidey cindy
piecesand pom
childsp
darci simmons
nejxr25
marie
marstamper
jeanette
teena
j3annin3

Inky Whiskers
03-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Ladies & Gents, this swap is closed! This month's players will need to make 15 tags & send 14 of them to me. Please try to get your tags in the mail by the 20th, but don't hesitate to pm me if you have a time 'issue'. Also pm me if you need the directions for making yourself a tag template. I think between me & Ms. Mouse we covered all the bases in posts #1 & #2 of this thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions & remember there really isn't a 'wrong' color choice. We all just do the best we can to interpret the colors & come up with something kewl. Happy stamping! :D

j3annin3
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
a question Inky, i thought the post above says the mail due date is by the 23? since i'm often late i need to make sure :D

Inky Whiskers
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
You are correct! Ms. Mouse bumped this month's mailing date to Moday the 23rd, rather than Friday the 20th. So just aim for that weekend, give or take an ish. :D

alsmouse
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
If you look back at previous mailing dates, they were usually after a weekend/ holiday to give each of you a bit more time to do the tags, in case life got in the way. I usually aim around the 20th but if there is a holiday or know that there are events that most folks get involved in toward the later part of the month I will extend the date a bit. So that explains the shifting of the mail by date. Trying to make it easier fr all to play. :D ~C8>

Jeanette
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Inky,

My March tags went in the mail today.

Jeanette

Inky Whiskers
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh goody! :clap:

piecesandpom
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Does anyone else start trembling when the first person sends their tags off? Especially this one is just stumping me up and I can't seem to get out of my own way. . .better get in the craft room and try something instead of just shaking in my boots here!!!

j3annin3
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
i don't tremble. Usually when the first couple of people are done i get all excited and happy, and then i realize how not done i usually am and groan.

!But i'm almost done with mine, will be in the mail either tonight or tomorrow! :clap:

don't worry Karen, you have amazing ideas and something will just come to you.

Inky Whiskers
03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't pet the sweaty things, Karen! I'm usually wracking my brains at this point as I try to figure out what I'm going to do or at least how I'm going to finish my tags if I have managed to get them started. :lol: It figures that this month, since I don't have to mail them, I'm almost done & could have them in the mail by Friday if I needed to to. :)) Ms. Mouse adjusted the mailing date to next Monday so y'all have the weekend to git'er done. I know you will come up with something fabulous dahling, so cut yourself some slack! :D

piecesandpom
03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Spent time working on the sketch challenge and those ideas won't work over here. . .I'm still trying to figure out how to 'ground' my pink flowers for this tag! ! !

Inky Whiskers
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Darci's tags arrived today!!! I now understand why Ms. Mouse's sox would fly around when tags came in! :))

alsmouse
03-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Darci's tags arrived today!!! I now understand why Ms. Mouse's sox would fly around when tags came in! :))

Inky, I did warn you about low flying sox. Even your toe sox won't stay on for some of these tags. You may have to break out your super sticky duct tape to keep your sox on. :)):)):))~C8>

Inky Whiskers
03-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I'll just have to go bare foot for the next 2 months. I wouldn't want to accidently take out one of the cats while openning the mail. :))

Darci Simmons
03-20-2009, 07:37 AM
:)) :))

Wow, that was fast. It seems like I just sent them yesterday. I always worry that my recycled envies won't make the trip, but I can't let them waste. :D

Inky Whiskers
03-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Jeanette's fantabulously bright tags are here already!!! Zippy the Snail is in fine form this week to make it cross country in less than a week. :D

marstamper
03-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey! I went back through all the posts here, and even though I signed up for April, May and June, I am not listed as playing. boo hoo...don't ya want me to play anymore? :( Maybe I was too bad of a girl this last time. hahaha

alsmouse
03-21-2009, 10:01 AM
If it helps, I know you are playing since I forwarded your April tags on to Inky this week. SOME PEOPLE just get so excited they send 3 months worth at a time. :)):)) ~C8>

Inky Whiskers
03-21-2009, 11:21 AM
OMG, You did!!! :shock:

Aw, nuts, I didn't! :blush:

I am SO sorry, Maralee!!! I've fixed it & added you where you should have been all along. :o

teena
03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Please sign me up for Apr/May/June...I just found this thread today! Thanks!

Teena

Inky Whiskers
03-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Got it, Teena! :D

Spideycindy
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Inky I am done and going postal Monday on the due date!
Spideycindy

Inky Whiskers
03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Good show! Maybe Ms. Mouse & I should trade off randomly in the future to keep everybody on their toes? :))

alsmouse
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Good show! Maybe Ms. Mouse & I should trade off randomly in the future to keep everybody on their toes? :))

:)) It does seem to be keeping everyone on their toes. I told Tucker about it & he started laughing. Inky, we may have to make up a schedule to swap off & spring it on them. Heee Heee Heee. :D ~C8>

Spideycindy
03-23-2009, 01:50 PM
They went postal and I just have to tell you I was in a long sleeve shirt, and two sweatshirts on Sunday because we had snow in the mountains around us yet again! What is with this weather? I also had a small oil heater at my left hip to help a bit...lol...my studio is in our the garage for those of you wondering...:)) It did not deter me tho.<3

Inky Whiskers
03-23-2009, 02:22 PM
LFS ALERT!!! I got Marstamper's & j3annin3's tags today & WOW! How do you handle the adrenaline rush every month Ms Mouse?!? :shock:

P.S. I kept my feet under my desk while opening the envies so no cats got hurt by flying footware. :D

Marie
03-23-2009, 02:33 PM
My tags are in the mail Inky.

piecesandpom
03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Mine should be in the mail tomorrow. Scratched my first design and am now on design two. . .more me, if you know what I mean!

Inky Whiskers
03-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh goody! Lots of envies to look forward to. :lovie:

teena
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Ladies & Gents, this swap is closed! This month's players will need to make 15 tags & send 14 of them to me. Please try to get your tags in the mail by the 20th, but don't hesitate to pm me if you have a time 'issue'. Also pm me if you need the directions for making yourself a tag template. I think between me & Ms. Mouse we covered all the bases in posts #1 & #2 of this thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions & remember there really isn't a 'wrong' color choice. We all just do the best we can to interpret the colors & come up with something kewl. Happy stamping! :D

Now my silly question is...does this "make 15, send 14" include the two extras we make for the one person who doesn't play but gets cards and is a secret and the other person whom I can't recall why we send another card to?

Should the 14 above actually be 16?

Thanks...

A confused Teena

PS--At the rate I am going it MAY be Wednesday before these hit the PO...but I will post tomorrow night to let you know for sure!

Still trying to make my design work this time too...sighhhhhh....

I "do" have an idea...it's just getting it out of my head and onto a tag that's driving me batty...lol.

Inky Whiskers
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
You make 15 tags total & send 14 of them to me. (you keep one for yourself) I'll send you 12 different tags (made by the others) back to you in the SASE you need to include with the 14 tags. Clear as mud now? :lol:

teena
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
You make 15 tags total & send 14 of them to me. (you keep one for yourself) I'll send you 12 different tags (made by the others) back to you in the SASE you need to include with the 14 tags. Clear as mud now? :lol:

Ahhh...it's all in da MATH...lol.

Thanks! I was feeling dumber than dirt!

PHEW...:)

I knew there was some logical explaination...lol.

teena
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
OK, I officially give up...I am going to get these out on FRIDAY due to that being my next day off...and I had THE most wonderful idea of how to adjust my tags and make them POP instead of be flat...at work today...when I could not do a THING about it...lol. So the question is...do y'all want flat tags, or tags that POP???!!! I say tags that POP...YEAH~!!!

I take prescribed medicine for my condition of birth defect of hip/arthritis...and it is to keep the inflammation down in my hip...and I fell asleep on Sunday night without taking the meds and PHEW...it has been arthritis CITY here...grrrrrrr....so I am moving slow, and the tags are almost done, but I don't want to just slap them together...so I am going to wait till I can relax and do it right...It's just HARD to get a lot done during the week because I have to BE at work at 5:30 a.m. which means I need to be in bed by about 10 at the mega latest, and if I dont' get home till about 5, then I have to eat, get ready for the next day, etc...and there isn't a LOT of free time left...so thanks for understanding...

And I will try my best to do better next time!!!

Please don't kick me out!!! I love these tags!!!

Teena

piecesandpom
03-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I missed the mail person yesterday - she came an hour and a half early as I was attaching the stickers to the back of the tags! Can you tell we can't predict our mail times anymore? I can't figure out which days is 12:30 PM, which 2:00 PM and Saturdays is often 3:30 PM. . .

Now I have to wait until youngest gets home from her after school activity to get them out priority mail. . .can't leave pom home alone yet!

Inky Whiskers
03-26-2009, 07:25 PM
LFS ALERT!!! Opus nearly got a slipper in the head today when I opened Marie & Cindy's tags! :lol: Great job ladies!!! :clap:

P.S. Cindy, I just LUV the lil bags you used to waterproof your tags! :))

teena
03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Woke up this a.m. with the worst sore throat I have had in YEARS...grrr....I will get these to the PO tomorrow! HAVE to get the oil changed in car this afternoon...sigh...

Then to drugstore to get meds, and then home and finish these and mail out tomorrow! YAY!

Thanks!

Teena

Spideycindy
03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
LFS ALERT!!! Opus nearly got a slipper in the head today when I opened Marie & Cindy's tags! :lol: Great job ladies!!! :clap:

P.S. Cindy, I just LUV the lil bags you used to waterproof your tags! :))

Ha I had a stash and do not even know if they make them that way anymore...The source was several years ago at the one and only SU party I got to go to. The lady used those bags to toss in a tiny stamp and put a topper on it with ribbon...of course the markings were removed with alcohol. I loved the idea and incorporated it for several projects over the years and I still have the tiny su stamp I received. How long ago? My son was in elementary school at the time maybe second grade and he is now in college...:))
Spidey

Inky Whiskers
03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I really should be going barefoot!!! :lol: Patricia's & Karen's lovely tags arrived today & I know those of you who's haven't arrived yet are either in the mail or just waiting for those finishing touches before going out early next week. It sure has been fun seeing everybody's tags as they come in! :D

alsmouse
03-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Inky, I did warn you about low flying sox. Even your toe sox won't stay on for some of these tags. You may have to break out your super sticky duct tape to keep your sox on. :)):)):))~C8>

See! I warned you about the super sticky duct tape! I learned early on to not wear sox or slippers while opening the evies. Tucker would have been knocked cold many times otherwise.:D ~C8>

teena
03-27-2009, 08:54 PM
At THIS point, early next week sounds like a wonderful time to send these out! I am feeling rougher than sandpaper! I got my oil changed in the car, then went to AC Moore to get Mono Adhesive to get these finished...and could NOT find a refill anywhere that was permanent...but lo and behold...they had stuck some at the front counter...where it NEVER has been before...lol. So I got one with my 40 % coupon from Michael's because I never could get the 50% one from AC Moore to print this week...grrr AC Moore!

Then I headed to Walmart to get a thermometer and some stuff to doctor on my sore throat...and of course ended up buying stuff I did not plan to...lol.

And by the time I got home and had dinner, it is now almost 11 PM and I *AM* going to bed...and get some rest!

My Supervisor was out of work 2 days last week with this same stuff, and she says it gets worse before it gets better...so that is why I am saying these won't go out till early next week. I will let you know when!

Take care all!

Teena

teena
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Ladies, I HAD to go to work today because of two training sessions I was scheduled to take, but I have taken off work tomorrow...and will more than likely head to the Dr. pronto...and I hope to have these mailed back to you by the end of the week. I think this whole thing is connected to my sinuses and at this point I would like to disconnect them with a roto rooter...lol.

I am sneezing, almost wheezing, and coughing my head off...and stuffy nose like crazy. I think it is time to nip this in the bud before it goes from bad to worse!

Thanks!

Teena

I posted the above on my Bliss/Joy swap here... I do promise I will get these tags mailed out as soon as I possibly can! So very sorry... Looks like I am the MEGA holdup this month...

marstamper
03-31-2009, 05:11 AM
Wahoo! My April tags are finished! Don't have an envelope to mail them, tho. and not in any hurry to go buy one. Still have plenty of time! :)

Darci Simmons
03-31-2009, 09:29 AM
WOW, Maralee! I LOVE the April colors, but had trouble getting inspiration for what to do. Looked thru ALL my stamps, and finally decided to try one of the last stamps I looked at, to do the tag with. Haven't tried it yet, to see if it works or not. :lol: So I'm sure I'm joining the majority of players and am still working on my April tags. :D

teena
03-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe I will jump in and make April too...at least I would be early for them! :D Got a Dr. appt at 2:30 today...just checking in...

Take care all.

Teena

Inky Whiskers
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Um ladies, I'm glad you're all jazzed about April's tags, but it does help to have a head count so you know how many to make & send. :lol: I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow with the sign up list to give folks a chance to sign up if they haven't yet. :D

Teena ~ I guess we're just gonna have to hunt you down & give you lashes with a wet noodle for being late. How many should she get group? :)) (I'm still waiting for 3 other's besides yours, but please do try to get them in the mail asap? Hmmmmm?)

marstamper
03-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Head count? No need just yet...I made 16, and can make more if needed. That is what I am waiting for...the final count...which is why I haven't mailed them, yet. :)

piecesandpom
04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, the tan is giving me fits. What type of color is tan? What will this media look like against this paper? Will it still look tan? Vanilla, ivory, linen, I got. Tan, not so much. . .

teena
04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Mailing these off tomorrow after work, for sure...so maybe I just get beat with a semi-wet noodle? :D

No, I did NOT start April's yet...but they ARE coming...lol.

Take care all...I stayed home today to recuperate...the meds the Dr. gave me are clearing my nose, but I am still couging like crazy...and of course I just used the last kleenex in the box, so I am going to head out to the car in a few to swipe that box out of the car...lol.

Thanks again!

Teena just checking in again.

poohstamps
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
ok so here goes....I've had my tags in the almost done state for quite some time and watching the posts with mailings etc. since I am only 5 min. from Inky to get her mine. I sat down to "complete" mine last night then ugghhh:angry: it didn't work....So at midnight I started over and I am still NOT liking them:mad: Oh well I'm delivering them as they are and apologizing for them now:( There's always next month....

teena
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
ok so here goes....I've had my tags in the almost done state for quite some time and watching the posts with mailings etc. since I am only 5 min. from Inky to get her mine. I sat down to "complete" mine last night then ugghhh:angry: it didn't work....So at midnight I started over and I am still NOT liking them:mad: Oh well I'm delivering them as they are and apologizing for them now:( There's always next month....

I'm sorry you are running late, but at least we are late together...lol.

teena
04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
GRR...plan change...

Had unexpected family visit today, and did not get these finished...they will go out Friday, priority. So very sorry! Thanks!

Teena

teena
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Going to mail these out immediately! Will post delivery confirmation # here when I do...

Take care all!

Teena

PS--About the rainbows on the tags...the color at the top of the rainbow, the color of the sun, and the color of the duck are all supposed to represent duck yellow. The pink stripe in the rainbow is supposed to represent "strong pink"...

Hope that makes sense...

It will when you see them, but right now that's clear as mud...ROFL...

Teena

marstamper
04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok I need help! Where do I purchase the hinged rings to hold these tags? I have searched the stores here, and online. But....where are they hiding???

teena
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Delivery confirmation # is 0308 3390 0000 8441 9774

There are two extra stamps just dropped in either the baggie or the return envelope or the priority envelope...mailed two swaps...not sure where I put those two extra stamps, but the March tags were mailed out prioirty today! yay!

teena
04-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok I need help! Where do I purchase the hinged rings to hold these tags? I have searched the stores here, and online. But....where are they hiding???

I got one thinking it was going to be big enough, but it's not...

I believe someone posted that you have to go to an office supply store...

Not sure if Office Deopt has anything bigger than what I bought or not, because I got mine at the LSS...and I have bought an assorted box of them at Office Depot, but I don't think the biggest is any bigger than what I have...

alsmouse
04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
For those of you looking for the book binder rings in the larger size, I have access to some & am willing to ship them to you, you just need to reimburse for the postage, OK? PM me with your info. ~C8>

Inky Whiskers
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll keep an eye out for your envie Teena & let you know when it gets here. :D

P.S. I moved the 2008 tags I have to a post bound album designed to hold photo cds. Each page has 2 pockets on each side that are sized to hold both the photo index sheet & a cd. This makes the pockets just the right size to hold 2 tags! I got the album w/ extra pages at Office Depot. I'm using the 3" ring Ms. Mouse got for us to hold the 2009 tags. I'll get another album for this year's set when we start the 2010 tag swaps. :D

Inky Whiskers
04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I got Pooh's tags on Saturday & Teena's arrived today! :clap: We're just waiting on a couple more sets of tags. :D

teena
04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Phew! Sigh of relief here! Thanks for letting me know!

Teena

Inky Whiskers
04-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Here's a March tag update, ladies: Apparently the Air Snail decided to take the extended scenic route with nejxr25's tags that come to us from England & after 6 weeks they this Saturday's mail (the 25th), nejxr25 has said she'll send a new set & I will mail out the rest of the March tags next week & send her replacement tags to those who did March tags with either the next set of monthly tags or individually, depending of course whether you are doing that month's tags. I'm sorry for the delay, but I just kept hoping they'll get here & they should...eventually. Some of you may remember Susi's tags going walk-a-bout for 6 months last year & they only had to travel from Arizona to Oregon. :lol: This will all work out in the end & thank you for your understanding. :D

Inky Whiskers
05-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Your March tags are outward bound, ladies!!! Some of you had left over postage, so I wrote your name on the backing paper & am saving it for your April tags. If you want to know if you have extra stamps & how much just pm or email me & I'll let you know. FYI...Postage is pretty standardized at $1 per envie. I'm off to upload some of the Feburary tags! :D

Darci Simmons
05-04-2009, 03:11 PM
TAGS ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! They are marvelous, ladies! Thank you! Love the variety and all your creative ideas. :D

piecesandpom
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow! I got my set already. Wonderful tags everyone.

Jeanette
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
My tags came today. Wow, that Tucker is quite an artiste. His abstract chewing on his tag is very creative. Loved all of the tags but that one is my favorite.

Jeanette

j3annin3
05-06-2009, 01:06 PM
:lol: are you thinking of adding chewing as a technique Jeanette?

Marie
05-06-2009, 01:50 PM
:sad::sad: Still waiting. Maybe tomorrow.

j3annin3
05-06-2009, 02:09 PM
i'm hoping mine come tomorrow too Marie :)

nejxr25
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
ok ladies my new tags are on there way to inky whiskers i am so sorry about this wait , fingers crossed they arrive safe n sound

alsmouse
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
My tags came today. Wow, that Tucker is quite an artiste. His abstract chewing on his tag is very creative. Loved all of the tags but that one is my favorite. Jeanette

I told Tucker that you liked his tag & he did a little happy dance. I know he was having a hard time working on that project and spent many hours 'meditating' :)) over the finished product. He was so stressed on getting that done he just collapsed into sleep each day after 'meditating' all night. After all, rats, like many artists, are nocturnal. :)):)) ~C8> & ~c8>

childsp
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Got mine, love them all! Great job everyone...especially tucker! Better give him some extra treats :noway:

teena
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Dear Ladies,

Jenna respectfully PMed me today to see if my April tags had went out as I had hoped...unfortunately, they did not. I thought I had gold brads here, but alas, I had black and silver. They were the ONLY thing left to do to my swap, and I thought for SURE they would be out the door on Monday afternoon...but that just did not happen. After two stores trying to locate gold brads, I have given up, and am sending them along with sliver brads instead. They ARE going out priority tomorrow. Jenna, please do NOT hold the swap up any longer...just tuck mine in next month, and that way everyone gets their tags in a much faster timeframe than waiting on mine.

I will not be sending a return envelope, or postage, as I do not feel I deserve any tags from anyone for this month. I did not follow the rules and that's that.

Please remove me from this swap. I don't plan to swap here anymore after I get the swaps that I am in currently taken care of.

I will miss everyone's creativity, and I will just peruse the gallery for ideas...:)

Thanks for letting me swap with you thus far...It was great fun!

Take care and God bless you all!

Love,

Teena

teena
05-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I did receive my March tags this week. This is the first time I have had time to post about them...they all were beautiful as usual!

Thanks...and I will really miss this swap...

Take care and God bless!

Teena :)

teena
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
By the way, ladies, Jenna was very nice to me in her email, and I appreciate that greatly...everyone has bent over backwards to get me back on track, but it just did not work out in a timely manner...and again my sincere aplologies...

I certainly did not mean to imply that Jenna or anyone else had been less than kind here...:) just fyi...:D

Thanks!

Teena :)

Marie
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
:clap: Doing the happy dance! Got my envie full of gorgeous tags. Thanks everyone. Tucker is one talented little guy. Go Tucker!!! :clap:

Spideycindy
05-08-2009, 12:10 AM
:lovie:ooooooh spidey got mail today and I really loved the lovely tags! My that Tucker sure has talent! Thanks Mom for letting Tucker play. Ms Inky Iris Folding that is awesome and tiny work! Wow everyone rocked this one!
Spideycindy

marstamper
05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Mine are here, and I love them! Everyone did great!

nejxr25
05-14-2009, 02:36 AM
mine have arrived back here in england , there great thanks ladies , i do so like this swap

Inky Whiskers
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I got caught up on my uploading & March's tags are now in the gallery! :D